The Armchair Cybils challenge is a challenge hosted by yours truly here at Hope Is the Word. I thought it would be really fun to play along and read as many of the Cybils nominated titles as I can during the Cybils judging period, which runs from October 15 (or before, but this is the date when the nominations are closed) until February 14, and I’d love for you to join me! For more information about the Cybils, this post explains it better than I ever could.
This is how the Armchair Cybils challenge will work:
- Read as many or as few of the Cybils nominated titles as you care to and write up your thoughts on your blog. You can do this on a title-by-title basis or in one big ol’ post–it’s up to you!
- Come back here on the following dates to link up your Armchair Cybils posts: October 15 (your “I’m participating!” post); November 15 (reviews); December 15 (reviews); January 1 (shortlist thoughts); January 15 (reviews and thoughts); February 14 (reviews and thoughts about the winners).
So, how do you find out which books have been nominated? Here you go:
- Book Apps
- Easy Readers/Short Chapter Books
- Fantasy & Science Fiction
- Fiction Picture Books
- Graphic Novels
- Middle Grade Fiction
- Nonfiction Picture Books
- Nonfiction: Middle Grade & Young Adult
- Young Adult Fiction
This challenge is in no way affiliated with the official Cybils awards, other than being hosted by an extremely excited fan of the whole process. This year I am super excited to be a round 2 judge for the nonfiction picture books category, so after the short lists are announced I’ll be mum about books in this particular category, but the Armchair Cybils fun will keep right on going.
Please share this button on your blog so that we can spread the word about the Armchair Cybils!
<a href=”http://www.hopeisthewordblog.com/category/books/award-book/cybils/armchair-cybils/”><img src=”http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa454/hopeistheword/dreamstimefree_2924777.jpg” alt=”" /></a>